Automating passed the Frame Notification Bar

Rhino999

I need help Automating passed the Frame Notification Bar or Open, Save, Save as, Save and open, Cancel Dialog Box that shows up when you Click a Button to download a file using VBA and IE11.

After going through the initial Login page, I navigate to the Download page.

The download page has 4 Buttons. Once I Click any of the Buttons, I am presented with the Frame Notification Bar or Open, Save, Save as, Save and open, Cancel Dialog Box.
At that point the code stops. I’ve tried a few things, but I’m stumbling here with no clear way forward.

I have looked at just about every post out there to try to figure out how to accomplish this. There appears to be many different ways to do it.

I’m looking for a SIMPLE solution, the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method, because what I’ve seen seems complicated to me since I don’t know much about HTML, WinHTTP, WinINet or UI Automation etc.

Regardless of how much I have read, I’m still confused on what and how I can do this.

I would like to be able to direct the download to a specific folder.

The Dialog box displays this:
Do you want to open or save HardwoodPrices.xls (329 KB) from Mohawknnet.com?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Responding to your PM.

The simplest solution is URLDownloadToFile, but only if there is a direct URL to the file to be downloaded.

All the other methods are complicated and UIAutomation is probably the easiest for IE11 and its Frame Notification Bar, but there is very little documentation and examples showing how to use it. Also I've only seen it used for Save (with the default file name and download folder), not Save As (with a specific file name and folder path).

Example code at https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ebsite-accessing-post4248330.html#post4248330. The VBA project reference required is UIAutomationClient.

Upvote 0
John_w,
thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you confirmed that dealing with IE11 and its Frame Notification Bar is complicated.

I'll look at the link you posted and see if I can adapt what was done there.

Thanks again for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaRisso

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back