Averageifs with multiple criteria

RMP1960

The formula listed below is only averaging items for "5B" and does not include items from "LI". I have tried everything I know to get it to produce the desired results. Any ideas?

=IFERROR(AVERAGEIFS('WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$N$7:$N$3500,'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$G$7:$G$3500,P11,'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$J$7:$J$3500,{"5B","LI"},'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$L$7:$L$3500,"=70*"),"-")

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi & welcome to MrExcel
untested, but try
=IFERROR(SUM(AVERAGEIFS('WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$N$7:$N$3500,'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$G$7:$G$3500,P11,'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$J$7:$J$3500,{"5B","LI"},'WORK ORDERS APPROVED DATA'!$L$7:$L$3500,"=70*")),"-")

Upvote 0
Define "it did not work"

Upvote 0
Swap the SUM for AVERAGE

Upvote 0
That means that you are getting an error in the formula, I cannot help to find out the problem as I have no idea what your data is like.

Upvote 0
That means that you are getting an error in the formula, I cannot help to find out the problem as I have no idea what your data is like.

Still looking for help with the averageifs formula..........Getting desperate!

Upvote 0
Have you tried using "Evaluate formula" on the formula tab?
Failing that can you supply a small sample of your data, there are add-ins available here that enable you to post data to the thread.

Upvote 0
I evaluated the formula and I can see that it is averaging for both "5B" and "LI", but the result is only displaying the average for "5B". Where as I need the formula to average for "5B" and "LI" and show the result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back