Business Objects as a way to learn SQl???

bsnapool

Hi All

If I were to start using business objects advanced, would this be a way to learn SQL at the same time?

Hi again !!

thanks for the prompt response...Mark ! Well...its a good thought of the day....neverthless...would you be able to tell me the language in which it is written?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi again !!

thanks for the prompt response...Mark ! Well...its a good thought of the day....neverthless...would you be able to tell me the language in which it is written?

Sorry, I forgot that

It's written in Latin

Upvote 0
Absolutely.

Crystal Reports have renamed themselves Business Objects.

Denis
Hey Denis,
Actually Business Objects acquired Crystal and is using thier technology for the newest generation of BO. Kind of like the discussion we just had about FoxPro and Access

Upvote 0
Is there any need at all or a way you can look at the SQL codse in BO or learn from within BO?

Yes, within the query editor. However, in order to use BO properly you should have all your tables broken out into Facts and Dims ahead of time, this would require knowledge of SQL. Like I said, BO is not the place to learn SQL. You can do some freehand SQL reporting but the sql editor is very weak.

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0
Hey Denis,
Actually Business Objects acquired Crystal and is using thier technology for the newest generation of BO. Kind of like the discussion we just had about FoxPro and Access
Ah-ha! Here I was thinking they were the same...

Thanks for the info

Denis

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help guys, it looks as though I will need to learn them separtly.. Thinking if i take the path of business objects, its very unlikely that ill get an opportunity to work with SQL freehand...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back