Calculate a total amount based on number of days in period and incremental increases in daily rate

Rochelle13

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all
I am trying to calculate a stipend rate over multiple periods based on the number of days worked within a period. The daily rate during the period is fixed up to a certain value. Once the first value is fully utilised, the second daily rate should be applied. This continues for at least 5 different rates and maximum values.
The first year is obviously quite easy for the 314 days worked I can say as there is no prior days to calculate, 184 days @ $543 and (314-184) days @$566.63. I start coming unstuck as the next year I need it recognise that 130 days from the 2023 have already been used so only calculate 235 days at this rate then use the 2024 rate.
Please note, this will be used for ongoing calculations in which the days worked, FTE, the stipend rate and the numbers of days in the calculated stipend rate will be subject to change. The total stipend is also the maximum value so my initial calculation will always be *IFS prorated days to date are greater than the total days in calculated rate, Total stipend amount less stipend calculation paid in prior periods.*

Attachments

• Stipend calculation.png
    Stipend calculation.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back