Calculate working days left in current month

go2jared

Hello,

Is there a formula to calculate the working days left in the current month? I work in the financial services industry and am putting together a spreadsheet to automatically calculate sales production needs per "working day", based on my businesses schedule.

We are open M-F and Saturday, not including holidays. Now, I can look at a calendar, count the days left and put them in to the spreadsheet, but I'd prefer to have it calculate automatically.

On my spreadsheet, I have used the =TODAY() formula. In the cell below, I would like to have it calculate the actual working days remaining in the current month.

Since today is Sunday August 19th, I know that there are 11 working days left (starting Monday 08-20-2007). Is there a way to get Excel to do that? Thanks!

Re: Another method...

=NETWORKDAYS(Start,End,Holidays)+SUM(IF(WEEKDAY(Start-1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&TRUNC(End-Start)+1)))=7,1,0))

Hello Tim,

To count Saturdays between start and end you can use a simpler formula, similar to part of my suggested formula above, i.e.

=INT((WEEKDAY(start)+end-start)/7)

but just adding that to the NETWORKDAYS formula won't always give the correct result because it won't exclude any holidays which fall on a Saturday

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Thank you all for the GREAT feedback. I created my spreadsheet for my business and most people do not have the "Analysis Toolpack" installed on their Excel. It works great, but I think I will go with go with galileogali's suggested method. I am still learning and these formulas seem somewhat complex. The copy and paste function, with tweaks to the cell references has proven invaluable.

This board is GREAT and I have received a lot of valuable information from it. Thank you all for your help. I love to see things work the way that I intend for them to.

Upvote 0
Re: Another method...

=NETWORKDAYS(Start,End,Holidays)+SUM(IF(WEEKDAY(Start-1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&TRUNC(End-Start)+1)))=7,1,0))

Hello Tim,

To count Saturdays between start and end you can use a simpler formula, similar to part of my suggested formula above, i.e.

=INT((WEEKDAY(start)+end-start)/7)

but just adding that to the NETWORKDAYS formula won't always give the correct result because it won't exclude any holidays which fall on a Saturday

Yes, that is right. But I presumed that (US) federal holidays will not fall on Saturdays--still, it makes sense not to have to presume that!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back