Calculating Commissions

msk7777

I have an issue I honestly have no idea where to begin and wanted to see if anyone could help me. Below is an example of the spreadsheets that recruiters have to use each week to enter their contracts. I have one column on the side that Countif's how many plans the recruiter signed the doctor up for, then I have a commission structure in additional columns that have what the commissions are for the certain number of plans. I would like for Excel to automatically enter the commission total but have no idea how to go about this. One problem I also face is commissions are different for hard or easy states (hard states:AL, AK, AR, DC, DE, HI, ID, IA, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, MT, NE, NH, NM, NC, ND, OK, RI, SC, SD, VT, WV, WI, WY>>>>>>easy states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, MO, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA). If someone could help me I would appreciate it!
cOMMISSION PROJECT.xls
DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
1StateCountyNeg.Sched.LastNameFirstNameDPMNameGD/SPDateRcvdCPPOCPPSPOPSC5CFDFHPHOCommissionPlanTotal
2CAmichaelKingXXXXX5
3CAmichaelKingXX2
4CAmichaelKingX1
5CAmichaelKingXXXXX5
6MTmichaelKingXX2
May 26-Jun 1st
cOMMISSION PROJECT.xls
XYZAAABACADAE
11PLAN2PLAN3PLANS4PLANS5PLANS6PLANS7PLANS
2EASY$8.00$11.00$15.00$18.00$22.00$23.00$25.00
4HARD$13.00$16.00$20.00$23.00$27.00$28.00$30.00
May 26-Jun 1st

also, these two examples are from the same worksheet, thanks again!

Msk7777

That doesn't work, if there is one "Hard State" is turns the whole sheet red. I was thinking it needed to be a VBA code to look down the State column and find a "Hard State" and then only change that row to red.

msk7777

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
That doesn't work, if there is one "Hard State" is turns the whole sheet red. I was thinking it needed to be a VBA code to look down the State column and find a "Hard State" and then only change that row to red.

msk7777

Sorry, I made the cell absolute...should've been only the column

Try this instead:

=OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D2,Hard)))

Upvote 0
I'm sorry to be so much trouble, but it's still not working. Its turning "Easy" state lines red also.

Upvote 0
Are you sure none of the states appear in both the hard and easy ranges?

Perhaps if there are blank rows you could have some wrong highlighting..

This should fix that problem...but otherwise I am not too sure what else could be causing it to pick up the "easy" states.

=AND($D2<>"",OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D2,Hard))))

I am assuming your table starts at D2 and that column D contains the states, right?

Upvote 0
Ok, what I figured out what it's doing, it's turning the row above the "Hard" state row red and not the actual "Hard" state row. I can't see why though.

msk7777

Upvote 0
Ok, what I figured out what it's doing, it's turning the row above the "Hard" state row red and not the actual "Hard" state row. I can't see why though.

msk7777

It's probably because you selected from D1 instead of D2. Try again selecting from D2 to bottom right corner of your table.

The formula references the top most row in your selection and then it automatically adjusts for the remaining rows in your selection.

So if you enter a formula checking D2, then D2 should be within the top row in your selection before you apply the conditional formatting.

Upvote 0
Yep that was it, its fixed now, thanks so much for your help, sorry to give you such a hard time!

msk7777

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunilj56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back