Calculating vacation accruals based on actual hours worked

Heather Young

I need some help...I am trying to create a formula that will calculate vacation hours accrued for actual hours worked in a week? I created a formula for personal time but that one is based on a calendar year and I need the vacation based on anniversary dates for example:

Employee A has been with the company 5 yrs with his anniversary date as 09/21/2017 in which his vacation will reset back to 80 hrs on 09/21/2017. Now that is based on 40 hrs work weeks but the issue we are having is that some employees are working between 30-34 hrs a week but still will get the full 80 hrs once their anniversary date hits.

Based on our type of business we can not convert to a calendar year so I need to create a formula that I can enter the number of hours worked each week to give me a weekly accrual balance.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
When you accrue 80 hrs per year (based on a 40 hr work week), your total hrs worked is 2080 hrs and equates out to 1/26th hrs earned per hour worked.

Excel 2010
ABC
7Hrs/WeekTot HrsAccrual
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B8=A8*52
C8=B8/26

I would also look into what happens when overtime is worked within a week, or if sick time/vacation time is used. If you factor in vacation time not earning vacation time, you would have 1/25th of an hour earned per work hour. Sick time wold further reduce the calculation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianm3y3r

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back