Calendar days (not working days) calculation, date falls on weekend, move to next business day?

scottiesq

I am able to calculate dates in advanced based on a number of days ahead. However, I need the formula to move the given date to the next business day if it falls on a weekend or holiday.

Thus, it is a kind of a hybrid formula, Calendar date plus certain amount of days (e.g. 5 days) but falls on a Saturday, so need it moved to the next Monday. I am familiar with the holidays date range feature, but do not know how to make thes last part work (meaning moving to the next business day).

Thank you for your help.

Hi Barry. I've been working with the formula you have given but it goes one year back.

What I need to do: I have one date ( H10) and need to add 45 days to this date in the next Column I
the answer must include the following requirements
1: If there are not dates Column I must be blank
2: If the 45th day falls on a weekend the calculation must move to the next workday which is Monday

Does that explain things. I will appreciate your help. Thank you

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I've been working with the formula you have given but it goes one year back.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you give a specific example?

I think my suggested formula should do exactly what you asked:

=IF(H10="";"";WORKDAY(H10+45-1;1))

If H10 is blank the formula will return a blank. If H10 is 31 March 2015, for example, then the formula will return that date + 45 days, which is Friday 15 May 2015. If H10 is a day later, 1 April 2015 then 45 days from that date is Saturday 16 May 2015....so the formula returns the next working day as required, Monday 18 May 2015.

Upvote 0
Hi Barry

My apolgies for only responding now.

Thank you it worked.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you give a specific example?

I think my suggested formula should do exactly what you asked:

If H10 is blank the formula will return a blank. If H10 is 31 March 2015, for example, then the formula will return that date + 45 days, which is Friday 15 May 2015. If H10 is a day later, 1 April 2015 then 45 days from that date is Saturday 16 May 2015....so the formula returns the next working day as required, Monday 18 May 2015.

Upvote 0
My issue is similar to the above; however, I am getting stuck. I am trying to ultimately determine if a response was provided in 30 calendar days or less. So I have a receipt date and a response date, I subtract response date from receipt date and say if result is > 30, then "untimely". If my calculation yields for instance that it took 31 or say 32 days to respond, I don't want to count this as an error in testing if they responded on day 31 or on day 32 because the 30th day fell on a weekend or federal holiday. I am not sure how to approach this.

Upvote 0
My issue is similar to the above; however, I am getting stuck. I am trying to ultimately determine if a response was provided in 30 calendar days or less. So I have a receipt date and a response date, I subtract response date from receipt date and say if result is > 30, then "untimely". If my calculation yields for instance that it took 31 or say 32 days to respond, I don't want to count this as an error in testing if they responded on day 31 or on day 32 because the 30th day fell on a weekend or federal holiday. I am not sure how to approach this.

please start a new thread

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back