Camera Tool Unwanted Copying

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am creating a dashboard that requires the camera tool. The reason is because I have custom formatting (red if negative number and green if positive) and I cannot use custom formatting on shapes, which is what my dashboard consists of. Each section of my dashboard is a square and one each square, I have a donut chart showing work order created vs completed. In the middle of that chart, I want to display the difference between created and completed but I cannot use a shape with custom formatting so I am using the camera tool. The problem is when I open the workbook or make changes, sometimes the camera image copies on top of itself.

Any idea why this happens or how I can stop it?

I moved it to the sheet containing the data but still no colors in the textboxes. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Obviously, You are sitting in front of your Excel workbook ... and I am not ...

Have my guess about what might be happening ... probably your dashboard is overloaded with quite a number of TextBoxes ...
some of them might even be piling up one over the other ...

In my very humble opinion, would recap saying I have done my fair share of what I could do to help you out ...

Upvote 0
I tested on a blank workbook with just 12 textboxes and 12 values in cells A1:A12.

Yes, and thank you, which is why I asked if anyone else had ideas.

Upvote 0
I tested on a blank workbook with just 12 textboxes and 12 values in cells A1:A12.

Yes, and thank you, which is why I asked if anyone else had ideas.

I do not know if I could have expected to spot the words :
thank you
in any one of your messages ....

Upvote 0
I appreciate your time but the solutions you provided did not work, which is why I did not say anything earlier. Your code from post #38 got close but the cells in A1:A12 have to be manually changed in order for the coupled textbox font/numbers to change.

Upvote 0
For your info ... An EVENT macro is designed to run automatically as you change the value in the related cell ...

If I am not mistaken it is exactly what you asked for ...

Otherwise, the alternative is a STANDARD macro that you launch after having updates all 12 cells .... and the macro will, then update all 12 TextBoxes

Hope the explanation is clear enough ...

Upvote 0
I apologize if I explained it incorrectly as I am not that familiar with VBA and am trying to learn.

The cells in A1:A12, which are coupled with Textbox1 through Textbox 12, update automatically as they are formulaic (for example, the formula in A1 is B10-B9) so I will never be entering or updating A1:A12 manually.

If I am understanding correctly, neither an event macro nor standard macro will accomplish this, correct?

Upvote 0
The question is which are the cells where you input values manually ....

Upvote 0
None of them. All these cells are on a dashboard and update automatically through formulas so I never enter into any of these cells.

Right now, I am using the camera tool to show these red and green values on my textboxes but it is sloppy and creates random duplicates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back