Can i Desplay Web Page inside the Excel ??

Dr.TofyGuy

I was wandering if a web page can be displayed on an excel sheet, like internet explorer, i mean when i open sheet2 for example i can view a web page without switching to the internet explorer??

Regards

In Excel with the webbrowser control visible in front of you, if you right-click on the worksheet tab at the bottom (the one with the worksheet name on it) and select View code, you should be taken to the VBE with the sheet's code module open. At the top of the white code module area in the VBE you should have two dropdown arrows - click the left one and see what the name of the Web Browser control is (it could well be "WebBrowser1") - report back what it is showing.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi DrTofyGuy and Richard:

Just to confirm ... Thanks to Richard -- the procedure described by Richard works for me.

Upvote 0
Dear Yogi Anand & RichardSchollar

I would like to highlight that I tested the steps from another pc, with office 2003; an I got the same result " White Page", any suggestion

Regards

Upvote 0
Thanks Yogi.

Dr TofyGuy: can you post exactly what you were typing into the Immediate pane - or were you doing a copy and paste job from my posted message?

EDIT: What's the name of the sheet on which you have inserted this control?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for reviving this thread but thought to continue the steps left off here. My end goal is to embed an interactive map in Excel, and I found this method to almost work. I have done all the above successfully, but the webpage is only showing blnk. I am trying to embed this page: iMapBuilder Interactive HTML5 Map Builder

Pls give me your thoughts

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back