Can't exit Design Mode issue

nuc_n_futs

Board Regular
I am having an issue with Visual Basic, I keep getting an error message, "Can't exit design mode because Control 'Command Button11' cannot be created' when I try to exit Design Mode.

when viewing the code, I click on the drop down menu where all the command buttons are stored in the Visual basic Editor and there is a CommandButton11 (as well as another 40 Command Buttons) that for the life of me, I cannot find them anywhere on my spreadsheet.

Is there any way I can delete these CommandButtons out of the drop down menu? If so, how?

If not, is there another work around so I can finally Exit Design Mode, such as putting in ficticious code that will do absolutely nothing but remove the error.

I really don't want to have to create this sheet over again.

Thank you,

Ron

FWIW, I opened my .xlsm spreadsheet after installing Windows 10, and it seemed to be stuck in design mode, when I tried to click on any command button. Turns out it wasn't in design mode, it's just that each button had lost it's link to a macro. I rightclicked each button and reassigned the macros. That fixed my problems.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I know this is an old thread, but I am recently getting this error.

One thing I tried and it seems to be working is to one of the following:
  1. Do not open any other instance of Excel that may have command buttons and what not. Open only the workbook in question.
  2. Name your command buttons and other items (e.g., combo boxes, text boxes, etc.) a unique name to any other macro enabled workbooks.
Best regards,

Steve Bisel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoredSean

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back