Change Excel cell color based on Yes \ No Access form Field result

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I attempted to search google for what I am wanting to do but i am getting only results on excel specific VBA or Conditional formatting as opposed to using a Yes or No value entered into an Access form and changing an Excels Cell Fill color.

I have a working Macro that is exporting Form information to specific Cells into a premade Excel report template (Access does not have additional picture formatting we require in our reports)

Elsewhere in the template We have a simple list of Documents and Cell for Yes and a Cell for No and normally we would just highlight manually what document type we require to change.

is it possible in VBA that i can basically put a Drop down or Check box in the ACCESS Form to signify Yes or No and based on that value at the time of export that it can highlight a targeted cell yellow?

OP Edit:
I did realize I could essentially set up the Template that if the field next to the Yes No cells are not blank they can conditionally be formatted to Highlight however for my future understanding is my question above possible?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
If I understand the question, the answer is yes and no. Yes you could colour a sheet cell interior with automation. No you can't do that with exports. The former idea seems like a Rube Goldberg machine - unless you had to use automation to push the data into Excel in the first place. Then it would be just another step in the process. Seems to me that conditional formatting in the sheet would be the way to go.

Upvote 0
Solution
Micron, thank you for your advice, but yes I am using automation to push the data into Excel initially

Upvote 0
So not using Export utility then.
This is my go to site for automation in case it helps. Once you have all in place to push data to Excel via automation you should be able to affect the workbook as if you were in Excel. So yes, if Access control holds Yes or No, affect the target cell accordingly within the same Access procedure.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vamshi 8143

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back