VBA for Check box Select then sends target field data in form to another table

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been asked to add to our Access database a way to report out Activities that we committed to that must ALSO be performed on Similar processes as a form of Risk Management.

I decided this should be done using a seperate table that i can Query with as opposed to keeping this information in the MainData table. Because my current forms associated with MainData table have fields to list initial activities for the process in question. I thought that let me add a check box next to each seperate Countermeasure field in the original form the user will be working in so that if the team working on the problem decides the activity needs to be completed on different processes because theres recognition of similar risk the user can select Yes in the drop down. so when we check the box we want [MainData].[SerialNum] field + Any of the CM feilds that check was selected to Populate into the new table i set up to accomodate these activities. then from there the Who and when will jus tbe entered using a seperate form. what would be the VBA syntax \ SQL i could use to do this

Sorry for the long winded explanation!

to list all that out in a logically structured sentance If user Checks in Form 1 queried from Table 1 for Field 2 of 7 then Serialnumber field from form 1 and whatever was typed into Field 2 is placed in Table 2 Serial number field and Table 2 Field 2.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
You would use an append query or update query if repeated?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back