combining macros to be tie to a single button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnSPS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Yesterday at 11:22 PM

Ok – I have another set of circumstances that I need to address with this workbook. I have three individual marco’s that I would like to combine into one and elimate – the unnecessary Marco’s. we had talked about the other issue I had with the sheet and was resolved with your help. I had place this info in the fourm but the person I was talking with did not get what I was looking for and so I trust your expertise so I came back to you for the help. I will understand if you decide to decline. just rather go with someone who has working knowledge of what i was attempting to do.

The three macro titles are :

• CycleMonthThruWbs() which it uses the system clock to pull the month and place into A! on all sheets in the workbook except on “Ablank”, “zdata” and “ZShortcuts”
  • ClearContents() which clears data in the range ("D3:AH31,D34:AH41") for all shees
  • I have yet found a vba code that makes since : I need vba code that wil allow the user to enter the file name they want and save as into a location such as documents folder.

What I want from combing the code. Is

When I press the Month button it will first want to do a save as the current workbook with all the data that was enter for the previous month. It would then give a message warming that the current month will change to whatever the next month is and all data from the previous month will be delete are you sure you want to change the month and clear all data Yes/no. if yes and the month changes to such as apirl and the data is clear again it will as to ask save as “file” what the user enters . basically the end result should be . I have save book for last month and saved new workbook for this month with no data where the use can now start enter data for the new month. I am not sure how any clearer I can get . but I will include excel work book again. Just in case you deleted it.workbook file

Quote Reply

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back