Combo Box Issue

nparsons75

Office Version
  1. 2016
I have a combobox on a userform that gets its data from a closed spreadsheet. The main isssue is that a serial number is typed into a form that send it to a database. From the database the combobox picks up the serial number. Once the operation has been complete I need it to no longer show in the combobox but I cannot delete it from the database it it is always needed in there. Does anyone know of a workaround? appreciate any help.

WOW, so close. It is working now (nearly). 0,3 means 3 to the right of the column F, I was thinking from A.

It is allowing the serial number to move to the next stage for FAIL. I need it to pass to stage 3 only if it states PASS. Is this easy to solve?

Thank you so much. I had had enough....

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
WOW, so close. It is working now (nearly). 0,3 means 3 to the right of the column F, I was thinking from A.

It is allowing the serial number to move to the next stage for FAIL. I need it to pass to stage 3 only if it states PASS. Is this easy to solve?

Thank you so much. I had had enough....

at a guess, in that stage just make your Offset = "PASS"

Code:
For Each Item In rng
            If Item.Offset(0, 3).Value = "PASS" Then
                .AddItem Item.Value
            End If
        Next Item

Upvote 0
I need the 2 criteria, pass and fail, I need to select pass, if the item is on, then it can move to the next stage. Fail means it can't pass on. The ones that equal pass are not showing, the fail ones are. Strange,

Upvote 0
Just changed If Item.Offset(0, 3).Value <> "PASS" Then

to

If Item.Offset(0, 3).Value <> "FAIL" Then

Upvote 0
Struggling to get this line working: Me.axlenumbox.RemoveItem (Me.axlenumbox.ListIndex)

The rest is working fine now thank you. I now need to remove the item from the combo box once submitted. It keeps appearing even after this line, im not sure if it is in the correct place of the code or if anything else requires adding?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back