Compare List Of Text Stings

jasbir

Hello everyone - i am hoping someone can please help as this is a manual task so far and I am hoping it can be automated via formula or vba? I have a list of text search strings terms that I need to search in several columns for possible matches(hits). If match is found for any words on the search string then I would like to display them in a new COL so I can filter and take further actions. Here is my example below. Thank you.
List to search on
Search Strings
Hit
Laptop must be retuned for repairs
laptop or desktop or "mobile device" or "Hard Drive" or "back up" or remove or removal or add or delete or monitor or build or repair or built
laptop, repair
Remove old ID from hard drive
laptop or desktop or "mobile device" or "Hard Drive" or "back up" or remove or removal or add or delete or monitor or build or repair or built
remove, hard drive
Bran07 was on Monitor List for remo
Monitor, Removal
Dfat007 is on build report
build
mobile device failur
mobile device
wind2007/x4/4tran
No Match

<tbody>
</tbody>

Aladin- good news- I finally got it to work!. I have never used the Name box so forgive my limited experience with excel. So far I have results COL showing one of the matching terms showing.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Aladin- good news- I finally got it to work!. I have never used the Name box so forgive my limited experience with excel. So far I have results COL showing one of the matching terms showing.

Right. As advertised. If you want all of the keywords figuring in a target string, a different approach using a function in VBA is needed.

Upvote 0
You are a genius! I have been looking for this solution on google for days and you managed to solved this fairly quick.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back