Compile error in hidden module

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello JohnnyL
The application Match Portal is running perfect in every way. Today I visited a new office and tested to run Match Portal application. But I ran into this error for the first time. What could be the reason and how do I rectify it to make it compatible to run in all versions of excel.?
Compile error in hidden module Match Portal
This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform or architecture of this application.

I added the above code and it is still working in my system. If you have a 32 bit version, please I need to know for sure whether it will work.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
That code is for the Timer function.
You don't have it in the code, so that code will not fix the error.
No comments next to the line of code, so I assumed maybe for 32-bit and 64-bit both compatible. 😉

Upvote 0
Try testing it with 32-bit. I will have to check with them tomorrow as it was past closing time when I left. I should have checked the version at least. I was hoping to modify and add a code that will run in both the 32 bit and 64 bit like in one of the applications where JohnnyL had written in the beginning of the code. I will check and post that code in sometime.
I tested it on Excel 2016 32Bit and it ran fine.

Upvote 0
How about I check the VBA editor box as you suggested once.
go to tools > References > and tick the appropriate box.

Attachments

• tools.png
    tools.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
There are no additional references needed for the code so I doubt that will help you.

Upvote 0
Then you will have to help me to solve this error. If I know now what to do, then I can do the necessary changes or configure tomorrow.

Upvote 0
All I can suggest is bring your own laptop.
The program appears to run on 365 64Bit and Excel 2016 32Bit, so I guess you would have to investigate their particular setup & report back.

Upvote 0
Ok. Tomorrow I will take my own laptop and show them how it works. I will get their version of excel and all.

Upvote 0
I will get their version of excel and all
I checked the version of excel in the office and it is 2007 in some and 2013 in some.
Will it be possible to edit the code to make it compatible with the above versions.?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurelius33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back