Complicated Iserror and Vlookup

lcmast

I am trying to do a complicated vlookup. First I want to look up a value in one sheet. If found, return that value. If not found, look it up in another table. If found return that value. If not, look it up in yet a third table and return that value. I can't seem to keep all of the parentheses and iserrors straight.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
What I have so far is the following:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(X4,'Aspen - OMS Print'!$A$2:$B$300,2,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(X4,'SO v3'!$J$2:$O$548,6,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(X4,Original!$X$2:$Y$323,2,FALSE)))

This gives me back the right answer if it makes it to the third vlookup. However, otherwise it returns "FALSE". I want it to look up x4 in the Aspen-OMS Print table first. If it finds a match, return the name in the next column. If it doesn't, then lookup the same x4 in another table - SO v3. If it finds a match, return the result from 6 columns over. Lastly, if all else fails, look up x4 in the table - Original - and return the value in the next column.

Upvote 0
What I have so far is the following:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(X4,'Aspen - OMS Print'!$A$2:$B$300,2,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(X4,'SO v3'!$J$2:$O$548,6,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(X4,Original!$X$2:$Y$323,2,FALSE)))

This gives me back the right answer if it makes it to the third vlookup. However, otherwise it returns "FALSE". I want it to look up x4 in the Aspen-OMS Print table first. If it finds a match, return the name in the next column. If it doesn't, then lookup the same x4 in another table - SO v3. If it finds a match, return the result from 6 columns over. Lastly, if all else fails, look up x4 in the table - Original - and return the value in the next column.

Try...
Code:
=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),CHOOSE({1,2,3,4},"Not Found",
    VLOOKUP(X4,Original!$X$2:$Y$323,2,0),
    VLOOKUP(X4,'SO v3'!$J$2:$O$548,6,0),
    VLOOKUP(X4,'Aspen - OMS Print'!$A$2:$B$300,2,0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back