CONCAT Help

Grayc16

How do I use the below formula to output a percentage of F10 instead of a decimal?

Also, is there a way to automatically make it + or - depending on an increase or ad decrease of growth?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Welcome to the Board!

Try:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=CONCAT("Users: ", F8, " vs ", F9, " (+ ", TEXT(F10,"0%"), " YOY)")[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CONCAT formula to make decimal output a pecantage

Sorry, couldn't edit first post.

Is there a formula to make F10 in the formula below output as a percentage and not a decimal?

Also, is there a way to make F10 a + or - based on whether it is an increase or decrease of growth?

=CONCAT("Users: ", F8, " vs ", F9, " (+ ", F10, " YOY)")

Upvote 0
I have merged your two threads together. Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule #12 here: Forum Rules).

Regarding this:
Also, is there a way to make F10 a + or - based on whether it is an increase or decrease of growth?
Is there already a negative on F10 if there is a decrease? If so, it should be picked automatically by the current formula.
If not, where can we look to tell if there has been an increase or decrease?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's all good. It worked perfectly. Sorry, first timer. Moreover, in the formula F8 vs. F9 comes out in the full million number, is there also a way to automatically abbreviate both.
For example, F8=198076, how can I make it 1.9k? is there a way?

Upvote 0
For example, F8=198076, how can I make it 1.9k? is there a way?
Is there a way, sure. Is there a quick and easy formatting solution? Not that I know of.
I would think of using a series of nested IF function that checks the length of each, and that does the appropriate math and abbreviation. Or create a lookup tables that stores those things and uses that.

If you want to do that, please provide the following for all possibilities:
1. Length
2. What to divide by
3. What abbreviation to use

For example, if you wanted to abbreviate 1,500,000 as 1.5 mil, your answers would be:
1. 7
2. 1,000,000
3. mil

Upvote 0
Okay thank you. One last question, instead of adding the k or m for millions, etc, how can I add a comma so, 193,083 instead of 193083.

Moreover, the YOY% has an original source formatting of turning red for decrease and green for increase. Can the source formatting be applied to the formula?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back