Conditionnal Block & Formatting of part of a range under certain conditions

Cornstarch

Hi guys, hope this message finds you well, and that you can have the kindness to spare a moment showing me the way to crack this problem.

I spent long time trying conditionnal formatting, and data validation to find a solution but it seems VBA is my only salvation...

Idealy the result after running the macro would be like that:
MrExel Example.PNG

The cells blocking & coloring should consider columns I, H, and G content.

Example:
In raw 6, If type is "Base" in column I then highlight in red and block input J6 to O6, then highlight in Orange P6 to R6 not blocking but allowing only 20% adjustment compared to the already existing value. Binding period being 9 months, 6 have to be blocked, " next to follow condition stated in H.

The idea would be to repeat the same logic for others considering the conditions stated in columns G and H.
Case raw 15 and 16 being a bit special as the orange period has 2 subconditions. -10% in 4th quarter only, while in the Q5 and Q6 +/-10% is allowed.

Good to know, users will insert rows (not columns) in their review process and pick a type in column I that can be "Base" or other. How can the macro catch up on this raw addition? The reactivation of the VBA might impact previous deviations and let users make more than the allowed deviation?

Thanks a lot!
Julien

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back