Consolidate or Similar, Only with Formula Reference?

Scotster

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a combined worksheet that sums the values of all sheets within the tabs "Start" and "End". This means that I can duplicate this workbook and change the tab references within the Start & End tabs for different areas and to a different quantity of references, keeping the same format.

I was wondering if it would be possible to do away with all the sheets and instead use consolidate, or something similar. The only issue so far that I've found is that the consolidate needs ran each time the reference values have an update. I was hoping that instead of consolidating the values/calculation, it could instead keep the formulae.

There are over 5000 cell references through over 100 workbooks, so it would be a fantastic achievement to get it to work. All layouts, sheet names & references are exactly the same. The only change is the location/name of each of the files.

Workbook1
Workbook2
Workbook3

The formula I would like to have throughout the range J6:LT80 is as follows:

Code:
=[Workbook1.xlsx]Combined!J6+[Workbook2.xlsx]Combined!J6+[Workbook3.xlsx]Combined!J6

or a SUM variant. With obviously the cell reference changed.

The reason I don't have this currently is the number of workbook references changes from workbook to workbook, so a simple copy and paste partial of the formula wouldn't work for me. As it stands currently I allow users to set the file reference of each tab within the Start & End tab, so that the references are easily updated by the users.

Is such a thing possible, or am I better sticking with what I have now?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonEncon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back