Consolidating embedded PowerPoint data in to a single chart

RBaskie

I am creating a report in PowerPoint 2010 with charts on separate slides. The chart is the same layout each time, and the data refers to a different subset of team members. (If it helps, they show forecast project hours versus actual project hours for our developers, split by our technologies.)

I created the chart for one sub-team, then when I was happy with it, copied the slide and updated the data for the next sub-team. As a result, each slide has its own embedded data, so when I choose the "Edit Data" option, Excel opens with a single worksheet with the relevant data. I have to close one before I can open another.

Now it occurs to me that I need a consolidated slide for the whole team, and I would like it to pick up the data from the sub-team charts rather than enter it all manually.

I really need to know how to get all the data in to a single embedded workbook - either merging (or even cutting and pasting) the workbooks I already have, or starting again and somehow each time I create a chart it adds it to the existing embedded workbook.

I'm not too worried if I have to start from scratch with a new PowerPoint file altogether - the hard work was getting the charts as I wanted, but it is now easy to reproduce. But I would like my end result to be that the master slide updates when I update the data in any other slide.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back