Copy a Cell Value to Another Cell in the same Table

vikrampnz

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have a table with 12 columns which is used for tracking Receipts and Payment for Individual CLient. (I have a sample file. But this forum doesnt seem to allow me to attache it to the post)

I am trying to create a automated consolidated snapshot as of current date i.e. Total Principal Receipts, Total Principal Repaid, Total Interest Accrued, Total Interest Paid and Current Balance Principal & Current Balance Interest (Accrued but unpaid)

I am struggling with following:

1) When I make a new Entry with "Principal Receipt" selection in combobox, I would like the date of this new entry to be copied in the "Interest cutoff Date" in "Column H" of previous "Principal Receipt" entry (if any). So, Interest for the older Principal Amount is stopped on that date and then the interest on the NEw total Principal Amount (Old Principal + Principal Receipt in the new entry) is started from the date of the new entry.

2) I have inserted formula in G , I and J columns. Is there a way I can clear contents of this table with a button without loosing the formulae that are there? I have created a clear button, but it also clears the formula in all columns

Can someone please help !

Cheers
V

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back