copy active cell to same cell in sheet 2.

stavrosiona

I want to copy active cell if sheet 1 to same cell in sheet 2 by using vba button. Active cell is not the same each time.
I use: Range (sheet1!a2).value = range(sheet2!a2) but this does 9nly for the cell a2 and not the active cell each time.

May i ask you a question guys?
Insted of preset to add +1 if i want when i press the button to ask me to: "Enter value you want to add" and then add a value in a box and add it?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Okay.. include below lines in your code:-

i = InputBox("Enter value which need to be added to the Sheet2's value", "Enter Value to be added")
Range("Sheet2!" & ActiveCell.Address).Value = ActiveCell.Value + i

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub Button1_Click()
Dim a1 As String
Dim a2 As Integer
a1 = Selection.Address(ReferenceStyle:=xlA1, RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
a2 = InputBox("Enter Value", "Add")
Sheets("Sheet1").Range(a1) = CInt(Sheets("Sheet2").Range(a1)) + a2
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you both for the help.
The code of DILIPandey works, the code of williamgowtama unfortunately changes the price of sheet 1 instead of sheet 2. maybe i did a mistake, but because the other code works i am ok.
If i may, a problem occured is that if i do not want finally to add value and i want to cancel the command, i press the cancel button but rerurns to a runtime error.
Is there any way to cancel the command without return to an error?
thanks,

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub stav()
Dim a1 As String
Dim a2 As Variant
Dim a3 As Integer
a1 = Selection.Address(ReferenceStyle:=xlA1, RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
a2 = InputBox("Enter Value", "Add")
If Not IsNumeric(a2) Then
    MsgBox "Please Input Number"
    Exit Sub
Else
    a3 = CInt(a2)
End If

Sheets("Sheet2").Range(a1) = CInt(Sheets("Sheet2").Range(a1)) + a3
Sheets("Sheet1").Range(a1) = Sheets("Sheet2").Range(a1)
End Sub

Upvote 0
Okay.. stavrosiona,

Good that my code works.. to avoid error in case you cancelled the inputbox option, you can put a code line "On Error Resume Next" on top of my code.

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
Hi DILIPandey
I have an issue with a code in this excel file I have done from the past.
Basically I have sheet 1 which is doing the deduction of cells in sheet 2 and sheet 3. i.e Sheet 1 = Pending Sheet 2 = Order, Sheet 3 =Deliver
So cell Pending cell B3 in sheet 1 is the pending amount of the order -deliberies and i am using in sheet 1 the code: =(ORDER!B3-DELIVER!B3)

What I want is that to use this code but when (ORDER!B3 = DELIVER!B3) and is not 0 then to write in cell B3 in pending the number of ordersheet or deliversheet which is the same. So whan i see in the pending sheet a cell filled yellow and with a number in i.e 3 then I know that that customers orderd 3 pcs and delivered 3 pcs to him.
The reason is that I use conditional formatiing to fill yellow colour the cell B3 is Order!B3= Deliver!B3 but i want instead of empty cell to write the number of order or deliver (which is the same)
So for example:
Order 5 Deliver 3 The Pending cell shows 2 with grey fill in (I used conditional when Order>Deliver to fill it grey)
Order 5 Deliver 5 The pending cell shows empry (I think i used vba to do it that) and filled with yellow (used conditional when Order=Deliver to be yellow and if not 0)

Thanks for your help in advance

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am using this excel file we have done that has 3 worksheets,
Main is pending sheet which shows the differnece between ordered and delivered sheets which are the other two. "Pending", "Deliver", 'Order"
I am trying now to do a sheet where I will take the orders: "OrderForm"
Basically I need a sheet where in column A to choose Customer (from a customer list that will appear) then in Column B to choose the Product and column C qty and COlumn D to write any note.
Then I need to be able this data to go to sheet "Orders" where in first Rows 1E,F,G.... I wrote the customer names and Column A1,2,3,4, I wrote the products, to check and for example If a customer name "Steve" order a product named: "Pensil" and customer steve in Order sheet is in row H, and Pensil is in Column A18 then to fill this box with the qty I order, then if in anothet line of the order form Steve Order again a Pensil to do the total of Order in the Order Sheet 2 etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back