copy the content variable in the formula

maikeyjohn

Board Regular
AB
1AAPLMSFT
2='C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\[AAPL.csv]AAPL'!E2='C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\[MSFT.csv]MSFT'!E2

<tbody>
</tbody>

how should i COPY automatically "XYL" written as in formula (XYL.csv and XYL') comprehending with the top bar?

Tried "&C1&" but it`s not working.:oops:

+ one more thing if i want to add to c3 the same formula gets changed

=INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\["&C2&".csv]"&C2&"'!$E2")

also if used this =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\[ "&C$1& ".csv]"&C$1&"'!$E2")

e2 gets stuck !!!:oops:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
its should be =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\["&C$1&".csv]"&C$1&"'!$E3")

Upvote 0
Please be clear. Within 2 minutes, you post 3 formulas without a clear explanation. I don't follow you.

Upvote 0
if you drag down by a row (C3) the formula gets changed to =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\[ "&C2&" .csv]"&C2&"'!$E2")
as i want to fix the XYL(C1) IN THE FORMULA I EDITED THE FORMULA TO =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\["&C$1&".csv]"&C$1&"'!$E2") AND DRAG DOWN ONE MORE ROW (C4) NOW THE FORMULA WORKS PARTLY AND INSTEAD OF $E3 THE FORMULA STILL SHOWS $E2 - =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\["&C$1&".csv]"&C$1&"'!$E2")
WHAT WOULD BE THE PROBLEM ? BECAUSE OF TEXT ARGUMENT "" OR SOMETHING ELSE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pal actually i solved it i inserted one more column before aapl and created number list:
n
and used this formula to work out successfully =INDIRECT("'C:\Documents and Settings\SASTC\My Documents\Stock Data\["&C$1&".csv]"&C$1&"'!E"&$A3&"",TRUE)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheetalDixit

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back