Correct Countdown Timer

aStarxx

I have read many post about "Countdowns" and "Timers". None of which provide me with the correct formula or knowledge into what I am actually looking for. So I figured I would ask the question here specifically to see if I could grab some help and understanding.

Back ground: This is need for receiving purposes on materials used in a manufacturing setting.

Receiver: Once material is received needs to input data into a spread sheet under the headings: PO # / Received Date / Job # / Material / Size / Amount. On each row received in the cell to the right of the "Amount" I would like to add another column titled "Time Duration". This time will represent how long the material has set on the dock before being processed or moved to the correct location. Everything needs to start at "30 Days", once the timer counts down to "15 Days" I want the cell to turn yellow. Then once the timer hits the last day I want the cell to turn Red.

Every batch of material received in will be entered in on a new Row, so there would need to be a timer at the end of each Row that would be started once the data was entered.

I hope I explained this well enough, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
With received date in cell B2, this formula is Time Duration
=B2+30-TODAY()
format Time Duration as a Number with 0 decimal places

Apply 2 conditional formatting rules
1, Highlight Cells BETWEEN 2 and 16 (format with YELLOW Fill , with font Colour set to automatic)
2. Highlight Cells LESS THAN 2 (format with RED Fill , with font Colour set to automatic)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgp19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back