"Could not find installable ISAM" error

mccloy1285

Hi,

I am using a macro enabled .xlsm Excel 2007 workbook. I have 4 data connection to the same Access 2007 file from which I get various pivot tables.

My issue is that the spreadsheet works perfectly for me and others in my office, but one colleague in another office (who has Office 2007) cannot get past the "could not find installable ISAM" error and he is the only other one who really needs the access apart from me.

He once had access to the file and it worked but this is no longer the case after a few minor improvements I made (none including changing the macros or data connections though), which makes this rather frustrating. When he gets the error it is followed by "would you like to connect to the file 'linkfilepath'?" followed by 2 dialog boxes which I have only seen before when creating the data link. In addition when he clicks through these boxes and accepts everything one particular cell appears with the #REF! error which doesn't happen on my computer either. I have posted my connection string to one of my connections, I think they are identical for my 4 other connections but please ask for them if you think they might help.

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=Q:\Controls\ControlsReport\ControlsReport.mdb;Mode=ReadWrite;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False;Jet OLEDB:Limited DB Caching=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass ChoiceField Validation=False

Also I have enabled all macros and data connections on his computer before opening.

Please help as this is really frustrating and this sheet needs to be rolled out for use ASAP!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
EDIT: I have solved the #REF! error this was a deep rooted filter which wasn't taken off. ISAM error still remains.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukaderanged

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back