ecomp

Here is the Issue I have 3 Pie Charts, they are populated from a spreadsheet that has a Status page (pie charts are located there), and the status page is updated from 3 additional sheets from the spreadsheet. I need the pie charts to only update with the current month data only, the sums of each sheet is set up by Fiscal year. Oct-Sep rows B1 thru M1, and data is set tasks complete, B2 thru M2, Total Tasks B3 thru M3 and Tasks requiring attention B4 thru M4. How do I write to formula in my Status Page to only count Tasks in Current Month. For example do I write countif(B2:M2=Today())

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
1 OctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSep
2Overall Total Complete3835340000001018
3Overall Total Tasks 434143373839393838383742
4 Total Tasks REQ ATT.569373839393838373724
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <col width="193" style="width: 145pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7058;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="12"> <tbody> </tbody>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
if say current month is in Z1

something like =offset($a$1,1,match(Z1,$b$1:$m$1,0)

so if current month is Dec it would return 34
change the 1 to 2 and it returns 43

Upvote 0
Oldbrewer,
I'm facing the same issues as ecomp. When I tried your formula it did not work but my thinking is that I don't understand the logic. Can you please tell me in the example formula you have is Z1 a blank cell? Or what is the value in Z1 supposed to be? Please advise.

Thank you,
CAM

Upvote 0
What I am asking is Z1 in this example the same as D2? And if so, why wouldn't you use (D2,$b$1:$m$1,0)?

Upvote 0
Thank you. I guess then my next question is what is the value input in cell Z1? What does that look like? Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AznLife

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back