COUNTIFS in Excel 2003?

Bench

Board Regular
Hi,

I worked out a solution to an issue i've had with an exel spreadsheet using the COUNTIFS, however when i've got to work we don't have excel 2007 and i've realised now that there is no COUNTIFS function in '03

Is there an add in that can be added to excel 03 or a function that can be vba'd?

These are my formulas:

=COUNTIFS(H:H,"rbs",I:I,"<4")
=COUNTIFS(H:H,"rbs",I:I,"=4")
=COUNTIFS(H:H,"rbs",I:I,">4")

Any help would be appreciated

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
You can use SUMPRODUCT e.g.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(H1:H100="rbs"),--(I1:I100<4))

Please note that you can't use whole column references like H:H.

Upvote 0
Hi

Use Sumproduct instead:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(H2:H100="rbs"),--(I2:I100< 4))

Note that you can't use whole column refs with sumproduct (so no H:H). Search the board for Sumproduct - you will find literally thousands of examples.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I didn't think it worth creating a new thread as I have pretty much the same issue. I'm trying to get my table to work with Xcelsius, however, Xcelsius doesn't read COUNTIFS. Being rather new to all this excel stuff, I have NO IDEA what formula to use in its place.

My current formula for a column (in vba) is: =COUNTIFS(Sheet3!C[-1],RC[-1],Sheet3!C[+3],R1C2)

Would SUMPRODUCT work for this? It's basically seeing how many court cases were created per court per month from raw data extracted from the Court Management System.

Upvote 0
SUMPRODUCT appears to be supported by Xcelsius, so yes, except do not use entire column references.

Upvote 0
For example (H1:H100="rbs") returns an array of False/True values. -- coerces that into an array of 0/1 that SUMPRODUCT can process.

Upvote 0
I am having a similar problem with a formula I created in Excel 2007. When I open the spreadsheet on a computer running 2003 I get the "NAME"! returned in the cells with the following formula. Any help is appreciated.

If the value in cells B3:B87 = "ENQ1" and the value of cells H3:H87 = 1, then count values.

=COUNTIFS($B$3:$B$87, "ENQ1",H$3:H$87,1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillmit

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back