Create PowerPivot reports summed at high level with granular calculations

sposean

Hello,Summary of my problem: Because of memory issues, I would like to create PowerPivot Reports that are summed at a high detail level, but the calculations are done at a granular detail level.

Here is a simplified version of the details of my problem:
-I am using the 32 bit version of Excel, and the 64 bit version is not an option to me
-I have 1.5MM rows of product sales data
-I have 2 detail levels:
-Detail level #A - Division - 20 categories
-Detail level #B - Product # - ~150K categories
I have 2 time periods:
-Time Period #T - Year=2014
-Time Period #T-1 - Year=2013

Using DAX, I have calculated a flag to determine if the product has comparable units in time period [#T] and time period [#T-1]. If the units are not comparable, the product is excluded from calculation.
This model works when I create PowerPivots at the product level. However, due to memory restrictions, I can only pull this information by filtering for the information in very small batches (~5K products at a time).
I would like to view the information at the Division level. But when I attempt to do so, the DAX Measure flag I created does not work as planned, because when all the products sales are rolled up to the Divisional level, they all pass my comparability test, and are all included.
I would like to view the information at the Divisional level, but I need my DAX Measure to perform all calculations at the Product level.

For some additional background, my flags are created as follows:

Receipt Quantity - RQ1: =CALCULATE(sum(Purchases[RCPT_QTY]),filter(Purchases,Purchases[Year - Month]>[Year Month - RQ1]))
Receipt Quantity - LRQ1: CALCULATE(sum(Purchases[RCPT_QTY]),filter(Purchases,Purchases[Year - Month]>[Year Month - LRQ1]),filter(Purchases,Purchases[Year - Month]<[Year Month - RQ4]))
Ratio - Receipt Quantity - RQ1: =[Receipt Quantity - RQ1]/[Receipt Quantity - LRQ1]
Flag - Receipt Quantity - RQ1: =if([Ratio - Receipt Quantity - RQ1]<10,if([Ratio - Receipt Quantity - RQ1]>.1,1,0),0)

Much Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gkiller

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back