Create VBA Cut/Paste Row from one Sheet to Another

oscardwilde

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I work for a covered RV storage facility and am creating a waitlist for popular spaces. I'm trying to create a way for a row of data to be moved from the main sheet to another sheet when a drop down cell is selected to "Yes" as the value. That value resides in column R on the waitlist sheet and I want the row to be moved to the "Removed" sheet so that we can keep track of when someone is removed from the list. I can't seem to figure out how to get it there and keep adding to the removed sheet without losing the other data. Any ideas how I can make this happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-25 082247.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-25 082247.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your waitlist sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Select a value in column R.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Intersect(Target, Range("R:R")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target = "Yes" Then
        With Sheets("Removed")
            Range("A" & Target.Row & ":Q" & Target.Row).Copy .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            Target.EntireRow.Delete
        End With
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your waitlist sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Select a value in column R.
VBA Code:
    If Target = "Yes" Then
        With Sheets("Removed")
            Range("A" & Target.Row & ":Q" & Target.Row).Copy .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            Target.EntireRow.Delete
        End With
    End If
End Sub
Thank you. This worked better than what I had but the data doesn't end up on the "Removed" tab. Not sure where it goes. Also, is it possible to Cut the data and Paste it onto the removed sheet rather than deleting it and losing the row on the original sheet?

Upvote 0
Thank you. This worked better than what I had but the data doesn't end up on the "Removed" tab. Not sure where it goes. Also, is it possible to Cut the data and Paste it onto the removed sheet rather than deleting it and losing the row on the original sheet?
Actually I found it on the removed sheet, it was just below all the other fields that I forgot I had setup when I copied the tab. Still would like to know if I could cut and paste rather than delete the row from the original sheet though.

Upvote 0
When you say “cut” that means deleting it from its original location. Do you mean “copy” and paste?

Upvote 0
You know when you cut a cell and paste it somewhere else, it actually moves that data without deleting the row. Or is that not possible because it's a row of data I am moving?

Upvote 0
"Cut" is the same as "Delete". See if this does what you want:
VBA Code:
    If Target = "Yes" Then
        With Sheets("Removed")
        End With
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
That didn't work as well. I think I can work with the first one though and just adjust my filter and sort formulas on the other sheets. Thank you for all your help! You are amazing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back