Created a fancy Table Template: Need a way to populate raw data from a different daily report

PixelFixer

Hi all! For the life of me, I haven't been able to find a solution to this.

I've created a somewhat sophisticated "workflow" report for my line of business that includes formulas and conditional formatting. Data is housed in a table for filtering purposes, but the worksheet also contains non-table cells for aesthetic purposes as well as our logo for branding purposes, etc.

To recreate this report on a daily basis would be tedious at best. It was built around raw data that I pulled from our loan origination software (which contains things like dates, loan numbers, and "milestones" of progress)... said raw data is exported into an excel spreadsheet and can easily be converted to a table.

The template report that I created... is there a way for me to populate each column, individually and on a daily basis, from my raw data report? The size of the report will change based on volume, so it would be great if it could be dynamic. I also want imported data to conform to the formatting of my template report. It should be noted, however, that the raw data doesn't match my template exactly as I have added a few columns to calculate things like "days until closing" and other fun things that aren't included in my raw file.

Please help. My brain hurts from failing!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
PixelFixer,
Without someone having much more detailed knowledge of what you have and what you want it's likely that you will struggle to get anything other than a very general answer to this.

I would say that you have two possible options.
Either way the imported data must be consistent in format.

1) The raw data is imported in to sheet that will always bear the same name e.g. Todays Import.
The template has formulas that reference and 'pull' in the required elements.

2) VBA is used to manipulate the raw data in whatever way is necessary for it to be 'pushed' into the template.

No 2 would I think be the most likely. Obviously you are talking bespoke coding.
As a starting point, have you considered recording a macro of how you manually transfer the raw data to the template?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie42719

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back