Creating a simple database

tannachy

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I haven't used excel much since my school days, but would like to set up a simple database in Excel that I can use to keep track of jobs. And from this database I would like to be able to print out basic worksheets and quotes. I'd also possibly like to organise jobs in a calendar style layout too, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

In my ideal world I'd enter the data, be able to view either as a table and as a calendar, with items in the calendar linked back to the table where I can print my reports.

I have worked out how to create a form and enter the data through that. But beyond my initial table I'm not too sure what to do next... Create a pivot table...

Any advice is much appreciated, I can comfortably follow tutorials etc, I just need help in the direction of planning and how to put it all together (what functions etc to use).

Thank you kindly

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi tannachy,

I would say 1) a tabular database in Excel 2) A pivot table (with slicer) is good solution and you are already in that direction.
Pivot slicers can help you navigate quickly (easily).

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riffburn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back