Data model column format where some cells are blank

bark01

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've set a pivot table to run from a data model so i can utilise the count distinct function.

However one of my columns won't show an average, as the format has been changed to text in the data model. Prior to changing the pivot source to the data model the average function worked.

My data is a log of information entered into a form and also tracks teh time taken to submit the form.
The time taken column is HH:MM, in the source this field is a calculated field that stats if the time is over 2 hours then leave it blank if not then use the time. Where the time is longer is longer than 2 hours its assumed the user hasn't logged out correctly but the rest of the details on the form are good, so I don't want to discount the whole row of data.

My issue with the resulting data model is the adjusted time column contains time in minutes as a decimal and also blanks "". The data model won't let me convert the adjusted time column from text due to the blanks. If i convert the blanks to 0 then my average function in the pivot table will be off as it will count the 0's. In a non data model pivot table the blanks wouldn't be included in the average.

What can i do?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikijon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back