Data Validation Box Pops Up when cell meets certain criteria

RUSTYC

Right now I have cell E4 filled with:
=IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$2,'Training Data'!$B$2,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$3,'Training Data'!$B$3,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$4,'Training Data'!$B$4,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$5,'Training Data'!$B$5,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$6,'Training Data'!$B$6,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$7,'Training Data'!$B$7,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$8,'Training Data'!$B$8,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$9,'Training Data'!$B$9,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$10,"PLEASE ENTER NAME OF COLLEGE",IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$11,"PLEASE ENTER NAME OF HOSPITAL",IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$12,'Training Data'!$B$12,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$13,'Training Data'!$B$13,IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$14,'Training Data'!$B$14,”N/A”)))))))))))))

And it works just as I need it to, however I would like to make this more user friendly by adding a drop down list in place of asking the user to enter the name of the hospital/college. I would like a drop down list to pop up or the cell to activate a data validation list when below is true. Something like this:

IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$10,Activate Data Validation (I know "Activate Data Validation" isn't a function just added it here so you can see).
IF(D4='Training Data'!$A$11,Activate Data Validation,

I have the lists/choices (both hospitals and colleges) defined on another worksheet that would populate the data validation.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TT123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back