Determine end date using start date and business days

riggsd

Board Regular
What is the best way to determine a due date based on a start date and number of business days?

Most of my due dates are based on calendar days so this isn't an issue since I can just add the number of days to the start date but a few due dates are based on business days so need to calculate the end date based on business days for these items.

For example, if an item is delivered on 10/23/14 and it requires 10 business days to review, then the due date needs to be 11/6/14.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I realize I'll need <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">VBA</acronym>, I just don't know how to do it.
Read through the link I provided. That should give you the VBA code you need. There appear to be a few variations on how to do it, so choose the one that most suits your needs.

All you need to do is copy the VBA code into a VBA module in Access, and then you can use it from that Database like any other "inherent" Access function.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back