Disable cut copy paste

baleshst

Board Regular
I was stunned to see, even after password protecting a particular sheet you could easily cut/copy paste it to another sheet. Thereby compromising the data of the protected sheet.

Is there anyway I could disable cut copy paste.
Please do not share a vba code. I am looking out for answers other than vba.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
If you are using Excel 2007 or later, you can choose to prevent the cells from being selected, thereby preventing them from being copied & pasted.
Would that resolve the issue? (You didn't mention which version of Excel you're using.)
Cindy

Upvote 0
From the "Home" tab, click the "Format" button in the Cells group. Near the bottom of the menu that displays, find the Protection group and select "Protect Sheet". You will probably see check marks for the first 2 options, "Select Locked Cells" and "Select Unlocked Cells". Uncheck those 2 options. Add a password (but keep track of it...no legit way to recover it if you lose it), then accept the changes, and re-enter the password in the next popup.

When I tried this, I couldn't select or copy any cells from the worksheet. Copying the worksheet from a right-click on the tab name did copy the worksheet, but the cells were still not selectable.
This is not perfect (it won't stop determined intentional hacking/cracking), but will prevent unintentional or casual copy/paste.

Hope this helps,

Cindy

Upvote 0
Open vba with Alt "F11" key in "view tab" choose "project explorer" choose your sheet you want to protect in "project explorer you will see "scroll area"
suppose you sat "A1:A2" . its your scroll area
its a new thing your sheet will see unprotected no need password no need any protection

Upvote 0
Isnt their any other way, where in i dont have to step into vba to do this.
Also i tried setting the scroll area in *.xlsm, however after saving,closing and then reopening, the scroll area criteria doesnt work.

Upvote 0
Hey Cindy,

Thanks,
Problem solved.
I dont know how i missed your suggestion in the first place.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inborntarmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back