Does anyone have a duplicate code formula ?

mercmannick

does anyone have a duplicates code..

i have a sheet, everyday i have to run thru a column dat sort and delete the duplicate rows,

Also have another daily sheet,

if cell c4=c3 make blank if not dont touch...

Any help would be appreciated

Merc

Erik,

The only caveat I might add would be that I normally go ahead and make the background white too. 99.x% of users would have their window background set to white (the default). But there are screwballs like myself who get a notion to alter that from white to some soft pastel. Since I'm already there, setting the conditional formatting, why not just set the background and then I don't have to worry. (Of course, in this context, you'd really need to set the background for ALL the cells to white in this case to keep it neat...)

Merc,

Here's a quick and dirty little something that would actually clear the contents of the cells and not just hide them using CF.

HTH

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> ClearDuplicateCells()
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Quick little routine to clear cells where value</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' is the same as the cell immediately above.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> rngCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range, rngConstants <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range, s <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> lngCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' If a shape or chart is selected, leave</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> TypeName(Selection) <> "Range" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' If one cell is selected, select current column</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Selection.Count = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
        Selection.CurrentRegion.Columns(Selection.Column - Selection.CurrentRegion.Column + 1).Select
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>

<SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Don't knock out any formulas</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rngConstants = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, XlSpecialCellsValue.xlNumbers + _
                                                                   xlTextValues + xlErrors + xlLogical)
    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' This should clear from the bottom to top...</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> lngCell = rngConstants.Count <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Step</SPAN> -1
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rngCell = rngConstants.Cells(lngCell)
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> rngCell
            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> .Row <> 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN>
                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> .Value = .Offset(-1) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> .ClearContents
            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN>
        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN>
    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> lngCell
<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN>
</FONT>

{Edit}Forgot to add an On Error Resume Next before the call to SpecialCells - just in case there aren't any constants; 'cause that line will error out if it can't find any constants...{/Edit}

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Just one more thought on the subject. One of the benefits of the CF solution is that if a user decides to sort the data and does it "without thinking" by sorting on say a date field. Then all of the related info that you deleted is gone and now the presentation looks wrong; and it's quite easy to scramble the data up real good. If you leave all the data in place and just "hide" it with CF, then a sort doesn't result in a mess.

Oh, and you can't really do any Pivot Table stuff if you've gone and deleted data from fields.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sramesh1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back