Dos Batch File to VBscript

Emrill

I have written a Dos Batch file that asks the user some informtion then renames a directory with that info.

such as "Job No." "Company"

In the batch file I use the Set command to get the info

Set /p number=Job No.

I would like the Batch file to then go onto open a excel file and input the data inot the relavnt cell. but I have no clue if its even possible never mind how to do it???

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi there, welcome to the board!

Why not just do this all from within Excel? I didn't know anyone used batch files anymore for things such as this. Is this homework for a computer course? I've seen instructors do odd things like this before.

Upvote 0
Its not that clear to me what you want here

Did you want to convert your batch file to vbscript (and note vbscript is a scripting language it is different to VBA run from Excel)?

- what data
- what relevant cell etc

Cheers

Dave

Upvote 0
At work when we get a new contract we make a directory that inside contains all relavant information. I made a Batch file that when run it copies the master directory to another location then it askes what the job number is and company and description details. The batch file then renames the directory with this information.

I would like to now add the function that then takes the information and then adds it to excel file.

I wasnt aware that its a difference between vbscript and VBA I have managed to script very basic things in Excel mainly by copying things i have found online and recording macros!

But i do feel pretty much stuck with this idea!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back