DSUM with formulas

dos2kx

I've been banging my head against this DSUM formula that refuses to evaluate, and the key to the solution continues to elude me.

I have a table that generates a list of names, accounts and amounts. Sometimes a valid account can't be found so an #N/A appears in the account field. I'm trying to get a sum total of all the amounts for all the records that do have a valid account by using the formula
DSUM(Table2[[AMT]:[ACCT]],"AMT",M1:M2)

I have a formula in the criteria:
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>M</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>1</TD><TD>ACCT</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>=not(isna(d2))</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And here's an example of the data in the table:
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" border=1><TBODY><TR><td></td><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD></TR><TR><td>1</td><TD>NAME</TD><TD>ID</TD><TD>AMT</TD><TD>ACCT</TD></TR><TR><td>2</td><TD>George Washington</TD><TD>001</TD><TD>$83.34</TD><TD>5019</TD></TR><TR><td>3</td><TD>John Adams</TD><TD>002</TD><TD>$166.68</TD><TD>5028</TD></TR><TR><td>4</td><TD>Thomas Jefferson</TD><TD>003</TD><TD>$41.67</TD><TD>5037</TD></TR>
<TR><td>5</td><TD>James Madison</TD><TD>004</TD><TD>$62.51</TD><TD>#N/A</TD></TR><TR><td>6</td><TD>James Monroe</TD><TD>005</TD><TD>$88.55</TD><TD>5054</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back