Dynamic range from another sheet

johnny70

Dynamic range?!
I´ll try to give an example on what I would like to do:

Sheet A, my data containing sheet fill in e.g. orders, date of order, accounts, invoice dates, cost etc e.g:
Row Order no Account Company Order date Order sum payment plan date actual invoice date actual invoice cost
97 711364-000 156010112461 Rexel 2017-02-08 357,72 sek 2018-02-15 2017-02-09 357,72 kr

Sheet B contains the summary for each year, month and accounts e.g:
In cell AV7 I have written used this formula to extract correct accounts, year and month: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Orders!$H$2:$H$97)=AV$6)*(YEAR(Orders!$H$2:$H$97)=$AV$4)*(Orders!$C$2:$C$97=$D$7)*(Orders!$G$2:$G$97))
If I then fill in a new order, row 98 I would like to automatically get the bold numbers, end of Range to be updated to 98

I would like perform this without using macro if psosible, how?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
See if this produces the same results:

=SUMIFS(Orders!$G:$G,Orders!$H:$H,">="&DATE($AV$4,$AV$6,1),Orders!$H:$H,"<"&DATE($AV$4,$AV$6+1,1),Orders!$C:$C,$D$7)

Sumifs is ok with full column references.

Upvote 0
Problem is that I also have som subtotal summary in my data sheet that I would like to keep, currently this has given me some problem when using the "H:H" solution

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So did the solution i gave work? Do other rows in the data satisfy the conditions?

Upvote 0
I think I need some explanation how your solution is meant to work, currently all cell gives the value 0

Upvote 0
What does this produce:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Orders!$H$2:$H$97)=AV$6)*(YEAR(Orders!$H$2:$H$97)=$AV$4)*(Orders!$C$2:$C$97=$D$7)*(Orders!$G$2:$G$97))

because the sumifs and the sumproduct are essentially the same bar the length of the arrays.

Upvote 0
Intention from my side was to compare e.g. Order row 2, Cell H2 (prognosis) in Sheet A with e.g. column in Sheet B, If the month is the correct (Cell AV6) and equal to january and if year (Cell AV4) is correct IF true also verify that account is correct in Sheet A row 2 (Cell C2) is the same as in Sheet B (Cell D7), IF true then I can add Cell value from Sheet A cell G2 to the sum in Sheet B cell AV7. This adding of sum in Sheet B, cell AV7 should be performed for all rows in Cell A that contains figures and fulfill the formula of year, month and account

Tricky to describe my intention in a good way..
I also have some summary cells and Headlines in sheet A to take into consideration

Upvote 0
What your sumproduct is doing is summing up orders G2:G97 where C2:C97 = D7, and the date in H2:H97 has the same month number as in AV6 and the same year number as in AV4. That is the same as the sumifs i provided is doing except it uses full column references which gets around your initial problem. The only thing i can think of if the sumifs produces 0 whilst the sumproduct doesnt is that your dates arent really dates but text.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveg127

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back