Electronic Cigarettes

Absolutely Greg.
I did say something to that effect in my post, not for children or minors.
Please feel free to make an adjustment to the original post to make it more clear, or even boldface it..

These are definately only for people who already smoke or chew.
They still contain nicotine, which is bad for you.
But is proven to NOT cause cancer.
Or at least has not been found to cause it.
And it has been studied by the FDA and many other health agencies.
The cancer associated with smoking is caused by all the other crap (Tar, Arsonic, etc) they put in cigarettes.
The nicotine is just the chemical they put in the cigarettes to keep us going back for more.
Every health problem from nicotine is treatable.

So it's not a safe new cool fad.
It's just a safer way to get the nicotine and smoking experience without all the cancer causing crap in regular cigarettes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Oh, and did I mention it's far cheaper too? Probably about half the cost.

At least until the Government gets a hold of them.:rolleyes:
That's a whole other conversation...LOL.

I'm gonna give them a go! I really must quit... Been threatening it for ages... Thanks Jon

The wife was just about to go to the store for some and I posed the question: you can go get more or we can quit.

I think I'll try them.

Thanks for the heads up Jon.

As far as the appropriateness of the post, I think you're fine - You're sharing something worthwile and not spamming or profiting off of it. :biggrin:

EDIT: I'm one of those who has quit several times, but didn't started smoking until my 20's despite growing up in a house of smokers. I started in Australia when I ran out of Copenhagen, which I started as a wrestler (at 12) to suck weight, and averaged well over a can a day.

I'll second everyone's comments that the best thing you can ever do is not to pick the **** up in the first place. If you're looking for a buzz that will last past the first or second time you try something before you get hooked and it goes away, try adrenaline. There's nothing like climbing a good rock...

Last edited:
They are available in the UK but not as part of the NHS quit programme which I have recently been through.

One word of warning would be I know at least a couple of people who spend far more on their electric cigarettes that they have now become hooked on than they did being 'social smokers' with normal cigarettes.

Anyone who might be interested I started a thread here about giving up.

Over a month done now, I've stopped taking the Champix and all is looking good.

Dom

Glad to hear it Smitty, I'm on day 3 now. This is the longest I have ever gone (voluntarily) without a cigarette. And still no problem at all. These Ecigs really satisfy everything we like about smoking, and remove everything we don't like about smoking.
Even the morning smoke.

Best of luck to you.

And good for you too Domski, whatever method works for getting off cigarettes is great.

I've been taking Wellbutrin and it really does cut the urge, it's just the decision to quit that needs to be made. ;)

..., it's just the decision to quit that needs to be made. ;)

Amen, brother! Until ya really wanna, ya ain't gonna. Knowin' you oughtta will not be enough. ['course that purdy much holds true of jus' 'bout everything but payin' taxes don' it?]

I've been off the butts for just over 6 months....(2nd time quitting for any length of time). It was a combination of Alberta Smoking cessation comercials(THEY ARE BRUTALY HONEST COMERCIALS OUT THERE), the kids, the wife, and knowing how stupid it is to smoke in the first place.(Combined with a really bad cold, which helped me get through the first few days of withdrawal, felt like crap anyway, so a little extra crap added in didn't make a difference). Of course now I'm trying to lose the extra 25 lbs I picked up since quitting. Oh well, I need the exercise anyway.

Good luck with the Ecigs, sounds like it might be an OK alternative, far better than the actual smokes.

Cal

Hey All
There is an even easier method of giving up........
Move to Australia, the Governemnt is now threatening to put up the price of a packet of fags to $20 !!!
So,if you come here you'll be broke in no time and won't be able to afford them !!!

BTW I'm a long time Ex smoker.....thank God

Hey All
There is an even easier method of giving up........
Move to Australia, the Governemnt is now threatening to put up the price of a packet of fags to $20 !!!
So,if you come here you'll be broke in no time and won't be able to afford them !!!

BTW I'm a long time Ex smoker.....thank God
Going to make the guys and gals on Border Patrol (I rather liked that show, very interesting) rather busy don't you think? If price was a determining factor then people would have stopped drinking acohol in Scandinavia a long time ago. These are products with a "low price elasticity" I think it was called. Been a while since National Economics 101.

At least you're in the middle of the ocean and could in theory check all in coming traffic.

Man are you guys a bunch of chimneys though. I used to refer to one of mom's old college buddies as "the Ruhr". She smoked a lot, though banished to the terrace when visiting. Cat liked her though, smokers being stationary and ripe for some cuddling.

I'm happy to report I've never ever smoked or even tested it. I'd call myself 100% nicotine free, but then there are always people somewhere that smoke and I don't know how much one gets as a passer-by. I guess I'd be a perfect testsubject to check what effects occasional limited passive exposure would be as anything in my system is from "outside sources" so to speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back