Embeding (or alternatively printing) word with excel

Benjaminmin

Board Regular
Hi all you fantastic geniuses,

I have a question about embedding a word object.

I have a long formula (about 5-6 pages) that is populated in excel, with input in excel, which looks fine and prints (as pdf) just the way its supposed to.

The problem is that at the end of this formula I need 7 pages of text from word (some standard blurb), but when I embed it it won't keep the scale (i.e. 7 full pages), but instead scales it down to some 3/4 of a page or something.

I have tried playing with autofit, margins, using images, embedding page by page etc. but nothing I do works.

Is there a way to do this better? OR alternatively can I write a VBA code that prints the first pages from the excel formula and then the word document into one PDF file?

If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Cheers

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
My understanding with embedded objects, only the first page displays. When you look at the object, this only shows 3/4 even when you drag the box to resize?

Upvote 0
My understanding with embedded objects, only the first page displays. When you look at the object, this only shows 3/4 even when you drag the box to resize?

Hi,

yes, I know only the first page shows, so I just split the doc into 7 separate documents and embedded each object individually.

However the problem is that I cant get them to fit the page, and even when I drag to resize to fill a whole page, it prints wrong and also looks wrong still in the print preview. I have been playing with margins and resizing for 2 days with no luck :(

Upvote 0
I don't have the vba code on me, but you can print to pdf an excel worksheet or a defined range. Printing to PDF with a word embedded object is completely different and requires extensive vba knowledge (wish I knew how).

There are many free sources to do this, you need to have a PDF generator generator driver such as Adobe PDF, what are you using?

Upvote 0
I have Adobe PDF, so thats not a problem.

The question was if there is a code to print something from excel and a word document into the same PDF file (which I suspect might be tricky) The word file would have a fixed path

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lsmich

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back