Engineering: Creating a Master List from a Print Database

theclipper

I have a large Excel 07 File based upon unique Print #s. Each print # may have one or more "details" line items (rows) associated with the print. Each print # also has several column fields.

I need to create a "Master List" pulling from my Print # database. Ideally, I would click in the first cell of a new master list and type in the unique print #. If that print # is found in the database, all associated rows and columns would be "copied over" to the master list. I could then go down to the next available row in my master list, click on the first cell and repeat.

I have researched the web and can't seem to find an efficient way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance for helping!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Sounds like you would need a For loop to define a single Print # on each pass and then filters a column to find matching Print #s on the "detail" rows to copy to a master list. That would be very inefficient on a large file, but could speed it up if we knew more specifically how the data is setup. Can you provide an example?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back