Error 3218 - Could not update; currently locked

Montez659

I recently built a db and it has been in use at my company for a couple of months now, but something new just cropped up - Error 3218, Could not update, currently locked.

I have combed the internets en masse only to find too many different reasons why this is happening. The one thing that I know is that this may possibly be the first time that two different users were attempting to add records simultaneously (which is something I thought that they were supposed to be able to do after the db split).

So I come humbly to ask for help in correcting this error. It seems that it stems from Record Locking, but I am not really sure what I would need to change to fix it. I would also ask that you be so kind as to explain the answer to me, and why it works (if you can) instead of just the solution; I am here to learn, not just get a project done!

Thanks to many in advance!

Bob, any thoughts on that link I posted above?
Does your table which the form is based on have any of those items (memo fields, hyperlink fields, OLE Object or Attachment fields)? If so, that is the likely problem according to the article (and Alex and Tom are two that I would trust to know what is happening).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
It does have one m-v field but none of the others. The only reason I have it in there is because it was basically for notating purposes and none of the reports were based off of it. I will look into changing it to a junction table or just limiting it to one value.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back