Error in setting up the VBA Formula : Gettring Error 450 Wrong Number of arguements or invalid property assignment

NimishK

Hello

I am getting Error 450 Wrong Number of arguements or invalid property assignment

the following typed in Cell CL3
=SUMIFS('Bills'!S:S,'Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)-SUMIFS('Bills'!T:T,'Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)

Tried to incorporate above in VBA Sysntax below and Getting Error 450 Wrong Number of arguements or invalid property assignment
Code:
ws.Cells(3, 90).value = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("S:S"), _
Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("A:A)", Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1"))) _
- Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("T:T"), Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), _
Sheets("MISC").Range("A:A)", Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1")))
NimishK

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
You've got quotes in the wrong place
Code:
ws.Cells(3, 90).value = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("S:S"), _
Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[COLOR=#ff0000]A)"[/COLOR], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1"))) _
- Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("T:T"), Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), _
Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[COLOR=#ff0000]A)"[/COLOR], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1")))

Upvote 0
I don't get how your criteria 1 can be Misc!A:A in your formula.

In Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs I believe only the two first arguments are ranges. Instead I normally loop trough ranges and add a range value to a variable (TotalSum).
Let's say condition 1 ("John") is for Range("A1:"A100"), condition 2 ("France") is for Range("B1:B100") and we add Range("C1:C100")
Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=monospace]Dim RowNum as long: i=1[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
Dim TotalSum as long: TotalSum=0

For [COLOR=#333333][FONT=monospace]RowNum[/FONT][/COLOR]=1 to 100
 If (Range("A" & RowNum).value ="John" and Range("B" & RowNum").value = "France") then
    TotalSum=TotalSum+Range("C" & RowNum)
 End if
Next RowNum

[LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=monospace]Range("CL3").value=TotalSum[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fluff thanks for the corrections you have shown but after corrections as shown below Type Mismatch
Code:
Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[B][COLOR=#ff0000]A)"[/COLOR][/B], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1"))) _
Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[COLOR=#ff0000][B]A)"[/B][/COLOR], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1")))
Have corrected But now Type Mismatch Error
Code:
Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[B][COLOR=#FF0000]A")[/COLOR][/B], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1"))) _
Sheets("MISC").Range("A:[COLOR=#FF0000][B]A")[/B][/COLOR], Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1")))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("A:A"), Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1"))) _
Sheets("MISC").Range("A:A"), Sheets("Bills").Range("K:K"), Sheets("MISC").Range("$CL$1")))
After the corrections made above Why should i get the Type Mismatch Error
it is the same thing adopted from sheet MISC and in Cell CL93 typed the below
Cell CL93
=SUMIFS('Bills'!S:S,'Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)-SUMIFS('Bills'!T:T,'Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)
Do in need to use
ws.Cells(3, 90).Formula instead of ws.Cells(3, 90).value
Have i passed wrong number of arguments in syntax or wrong numberof parenthesis
or what is it ? :oops:
Everything tried but in vain

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would not not use worsheetFunction, there is no point if you want to put the value and when you start typing it from zero, the two first arguments are ranges, the rest are double.

If what you want is to put the formula, you can use

Code:
Range("CL93").FormulaR1C1 = "=SUMIFS(Bills!C[-71],Bills!C[-89],MISC!C[-89],Bills!C[-79],MISC!R1C90)-SUMIFS(Bills!C[-70],Bills!C[-89],MISC!C[-89],Bills!C[-79],MISC!R1C90)"

Copy-pasting value is then possible if you don't want to loop through ranges

Upvote 0
Kamolga

I just want replica of the formula used in a cell with VBA syntax. If not using WorksheetFunction then what other method do we have

I've not tried as yet your suggestion
Range("CL93").FormulaR1C1 = "=SUMIFS(Bills!C[-71],Bills!C[-89],MISC!C[-89],Bills!C[-79],MISC!R1C90)-SUMIFS(Bills!C[-70],Bills!C[-89],MISC!C[-89],Bills!C[-79],MISC!R1C90)"
Because i dont know if this will take in different rows

Also i did not get you on
the two first arguments are ranges, the rest are double.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isnt it:

Code:
sh.Cells(3, 90).Value = WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("S:S"), Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("CL1")) - WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Sheets("Bills").Range("T:T"), Sheets("Bills").Range("A:A"), Sheets("MISC").Range("CL1"))

Upvote 0
Steve the Fish Thanks for clean syntax but i had to change and

With following i resolved :)
Code:
With ws
.Range("CL" & 3).Formula = "=SUMIFS('Bills'!S:S,'Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)-SUMIFS('Bills'!T:T,Bills'!A:A,MISC!A:A,'Bills'!K:K,MISC!$CL$1)"  
End With

Have changed from ws.cells to ws.Range which made life easier to get the exact Formula above mentioned
Kamolga thanks for your inputs and suggestion surely will implement your suggestions as when need arises as per your post #3

Thanks you so much guys for your valuable time
NimishK

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back