Excel 2003 conditional formatting problem

Donegali

Ok, I have a spreadsheet set up as a list/table. It's basically an enquiry log, an enquiry comes in, I enter the information, decide who is going to produce the quote and that's it. Every day the estimators come in and pick the next enquiry dependant on a return date. Once the quote is completed I have a data validation box that has a simple blank/Yes/No list to choose from. When it gets priced, the user picks Yes and the conditional formatting highlights the entire row Green and changes the font to white and bold, in cells A to N on whatever row its on.

The first 9 rows have formatted correctly, however all the rows below this are missing the conditional formatting. A-B and K-N are not formatted. C-J are formatted. I have checked the conditional formatting on the missing rows and there is no formatting copying down as the list expands. C-J are fine.

The conditional format is based on Column I. The formula is as shown below:

Condition 1 =$I4="Yes" Green shading, white and bold font.
Condition 2 =$I4="No" Red shading, white and bold font

Can anyone explain to me why it's not copying down? I did also have an issue whereby blank cells wouldn't highlight only ones with text, but this solved itself, after saving and closing the worksheet, which I have also tried for this problem. Unfortunately, upgrading to Office 2007+ is not an option until work decides to upgrade.

EDIT: Just been through checking again and it now appears to be random as to which cells the conditional formatting is applied to.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Ok, the highlighting now seems to be changing randomly, cells that previously highlighted are no longer highlighting. Is this an Excel 2003 bug?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back