Excel 2013: Userform combobox dropdown List with multiple rows

jedwardo

Board Regular
Hello All,

Working on my estimate spreadsheet. The goal is to be able to walk into a customers house with my tablet and be able to pick the items off of a userform. For ease of use I've increased the font size from default and am wanting to eliminate the need to use scroll bars as much as possible so I'm not fumbling around on the tablet trying to use the spreadsheet like an oaf in front of the customers. Is it possible to make the combobox dropdown lists display the options in multiple rows so the longer lists don't need to be scrolled? Here's a pic of example:

vielft.png
[/IMG]

Combobox name is "ComboBoxOperation". Userform name is "UserFormMain" Not sure what all info I'd need to supply for this one so just let me know if you need screenshots or anything else.

Thanks,
Jordan

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
It is possible to have a multiple column "Combobox" but you would need to increase the width to show all columns and have a piece of code to change the "Combobox.BoundColumn" on value selection, another thing is I'm not sure if its possible to show the chosen column value in the Combobox, it seems to default to column 1 value, although you can show the selected column value in a textbox.
You can actually cover the Viewing area of the combobox with the Textbox.
So its a bit of a compromise, but quite possible, are you still interested.???

Upvote 0
That would be perfect. The userform gets reset after each room is transfered to the worksheet and is mainly about practicality. So I just need to double the width of the combobox, create a new textbox placed on top (changing code to read the text from textbox instead of text from combobox) and then change the boundcolumn value?

Upvote 0
Thanks Mick!! That did exactly what I needed, that example spreadsheet was awesome. I found another value in the combobox properties (ListWidth) that lets you set the total width of the dropdown list without having to resize the whole combobox too.

Upvote 0
Glad its working for you.
Good shout on the "Listwidth" I had'nt used that before.!!!
Regrds Mick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back