Excel 2021 pro plus on win 11 - File in use locked on a local pc (no domain) and single user

webmasterone

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
hi to everyone

First of all, my pc is a personal one (no company, no domain, single admin user).
The OS is Win11 Pro 22H2 (build 22621.1778)
My office version is Office 2021 Professional Plus.
I bought an ESD licence key (that one dismissed from other use). It was specified that i could reinstall the office suite as many times as i would , but on the same pc on wich i activated it

As i said, the pc is not in domain (workgroup) and my user is the only one on the pc (admin user).
I also have to tell you that my job is service desk (1 and 2 level) in a big company, so i have a bit knowledge about issues and theyr resolution.

But the problem i'm experiencing was never seen by me before....

When i open some excel files (both xls and xlasx and xlsxm too), and of course they are locally files (no lan, no network share, but files saved into my C: hard disk) I randomly get a popup that notify me that the file is in use (i attach the italian screenshot. It say:" File in use: 2022_06.xls is locked for modify in this moment from "name surname" (of course it's my name and my surname). Open in "read only" or click on "Notify" button to get a message when the original file will be available"

The same message you get if u try to open a file in the network wich is already opened from some user.

I verified in session/shares that this file is not opened yet.

Clicking on cancel, and reapeating this steps some time (usualy 3 time) the file finally opens.

Also, when i get the error, i check in the file folder (of curse i've setted show hidden and system files) and i cannot see any temporary ~$nomefile.xls file.

I tryed to delete temporary files a clean egistry (with regseeker and ccleaner) but this didn't helped
I also tryed to go do control panel , add/remove software, to choose offine and then change, then restore, but this didn't helped too

Do you have any suggestion for me ?

thanks in advantage

Mario

15d03a28-331e-4c42-b802-db010eedb478.png

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Excel 2021 pro plus on win 11 - File in use locked on a local pc (no domain) and single u
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
sorry for that. I had missed.

I posted the same question in the following english forums:

this one: Excel 2021 pro plus on win 11 - File in use locked on a local pc (no domain) and single user
and: Excel 2021 pro plus on win 11 - File in use locked on a local pc (no domain) and single u

I posted also in an italian forum

and also in microsoft answer (italian)

in both italian ones i get no help, for these a reached these english two ones.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Mario

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back