Excel formula help

g3lo18

Hi,

I am working with excel as a hobby and creating a lottery checker for fun to gain some experience with excel and its formula's.

I am trying to figure out how to do the following.

I have two tables set up.

In one you have 7 numbers you enter and in another table you have 7 numbers that are drawn. I am trying to figure out how tell excel to compare the 7 numbers drawn to the numbers you entered. If all 7 numbers match, than I want excel to produce a 1. If not I want excel to produce a 0.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Each number is in its own cell so I have 7 cells across.

I tried this to make it work.

=IF(--(SUMPRODUCT((C4:I4)/(C41:I41))=7)=1,1,0)

However, if there is nothing in the cell it displays #div might work for what I need it for!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
This IF statement that you posted above would accomplish the same thing as the IFERROR for earlier versions:

=IF(--(SUMPRODUCT((C4:I4)/(C41:I41))=7)=1,1,0)

Is it working for you?

Upvote 0
Yeah it worked thank you!

In regards to numbers not being entered. If using the formula it displays #DIV/0! is there a way to display 0 instead of that if no numbers are entered?

Upvote 0
Wait that idea does not work. Because if the lottery numbers are different, but the total of them are the same, it would display 1. However, I need it to display 0 when numbers do not match. I need to find a way to compare each number so it matches exactly.

Upvote 0
What I had before is =IF(AND(A1=A41,B1=C41,D1=D41,E1=E41,F1=F42,G1=G42),1,0)

That works, however if A1:G1 cells are blank, and A41:G41 cells are blank it still provides me with a value 1. When I want it to provide me with a value 0.

Upvote 0
I got it!

=IF(AND(C41=0,D41=0,E41=0,F41=0,G41=0,H41=0,I41=0),0,IF(AND(C4=C41,D4=D41,E4=E41,F4=F41,G4=G41,H4=H41,I4=I41),1,0))

Upvote 0
What I had before is =IF(AND(A1=A41,B1=C41,D1=D41,E1=E41,F1=F42,G1=G42),1,0)

That works, however if A1:G1 cells are blank, and A41:G41 cells are blank it still provides me with a value 1. When I want it to provide me with a value 0.
Does this...
Rich (BB code):
=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:G1)+COUNTBLANK(A41:G41),0,
    IF(AND(A1=A41,B1=C41,D1=D41,E1=E41,F1=F42,G1=G42),1,0))
satisfy your requirements?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back